The Cavalier Attack is a true developmental program that mirrors the philosophy, skill development, team development, and character development model of the John Carroll High School basketball program.
This program is for players who love basketball and want a little more commitment than Toy Bowl. We are a blend of a travel team (although we play local) and skills training.
Here is some important information about the program:
· The program was designed and will be run by the John Carroll High School basketball coaches. Each grade level coach must be youth certified, drug-screened, pass a background check, and pass a coaching exam.
· The program is geared for rising 3rd-6th graders (boys and girls).
· Practices are generally 2 days a week, and tournaments are in June and July. The goal is to play a total of 2-3 tournaments this year if possible.
· Player evaluations will be Sunday, April 25th (1 pm-2:30 pm for rising 3rd and 4th graders and 3:00 pm-4:30 pm for rising 5th and 6th graders)
· A parent meeting will be held Sunday, April 25th (3rd and 4th graders 1:00 pm and 5th-6th graders 3:00 pm). The meeting will be held during the player evaluation slots.
· Practices will start May 8th. We recognize many of you have made commitments to travel baseball, basketball, volleyball, softball, and other activities. This program is in addition to those other activities. We at John Carroll are firm believers in multi-sport athletes.
· The program is designed for, but not limited to, the kids in our Catholic school system.
· The program's cost is $300 per player, including tournament fees, uniforms, and equipment. The typical cost of a program such as this can be anywhere from $1200-$1500. We aim to keep the Cavalier Attack as affordable and accessible as possible.
I'm excited about this program, and I'm excited to continue to use sports as a tool to instill and reinforce Catholic-Christian values in our student-athletes.
Please contact me if you have any questions!
Head Basketball Coach